Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The year in review

I went through my posts for the last year and picked a first line for each month. (There were no posts for July, probably because I was in Portland attending the Conclave, so I picked two for June.)
  1. I think the weather is bi-polar.
  2. Yesterday was full of contradictory emotions.
  3. Last night I dreamed I was at a class reunion. 
  4. A few weeks ago my landlady invited me to an "endings" ritual, to punctuate my divorce, to honor the feelings and the past, and to look to the future. 
  5. I spent the weekend at Ghost Ranch, hiking, meditating, reading, walking the labyrinth.
  6. On June 10, the forests will be closed.
  7. T has a theory about Bored Angels. 
  8. Last night I attended a performance of the Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival, one of their four Albuquerque run-outs.
  9. Last night I was in my landlord's kitchen, scooping out chocolate ice cream.
  10. Today is my last day of government employment.
  11. I woke up in Albuquerque and drove home in the dawn. 
  12. I am so lucky.
Yes, that's what the year was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment