Saturday, March 3, 2012

Cat grooming

I love my Nioxin hair conditioner.  Karena ChopChop sells it to me at cost.  It's thick and has a tingly scalp presence, plus a lovely brisk peppermint smell.  I bring empty bottles to my appointments and come home with several month's worth of conditioner.  

Simone likes the Nioxin, too, as I was reminded today.  

It began with my morning routine:  Take a shower, brew some stiff coffee, toast a bread product, collect the newspaper, and lie on the couch to do the sudoku and crossword.  Carbon lies nearby, awaiting the crumb-covered plate.  (I know you should only feed the dog in the kitchen, but such discipline fell by the wayside years ago.)

Enter Simone:  a leap up the couch to perch on the back and look out the window.  I pat my stomach:  "Come on down, sweetie."  She puts her forepaws on the diaphragm area and turns her face towards me, eyes inches from my own.  I pet her, and she returns to the couch back.  Fickle beast.  I return my attention to the paper and she comes down to the pillows and couch arm behind my head.  She rubs her head against mine and then starts chewing at the scalp.  It tickles.  I giggle and tell her she's a crazy cat.

D thinks I'm the nutjob.

No comments:

Post a Comment