Monday, January 16, 2012

winter haiku

3 Haiku for a snowy day in Portland
No one wanted to
Discuss Jesus' nature, so
We cut out snowflakes

They stand out of doors
In shirtsleeves, looking up at
Fluffy falling flakes.

I think I'll surprise
Her with a walk in the snow,
Followed by cuddling.

3 Haiku for a failed domestic diva
After expending
Much angst and cash, the oven
Still does not work.

My makeshift repair
On the recliner pulley
Is unravelling.

The tree sits, naked,
In the corner. Now for the
Trip to the attic.

Random haiku
A strong east wind blows,
And puddles have iced over.
They crunch at my feet. 

A smoker squats by
The bus stop. A jogger runs past.
I'm getting donuts.

I look out through my
Bedside window. There is frost
On the leaf-strewn roof.

We pulled the Christmas
Boxes from the attic. He's
Wearing the antlers.

Take turkey carcase;
Add water, veggies, spices;
Simmer 'til bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment