Thursday, November 10, 2011

Refer to blog title

So, I get up, groggy with sleep and my ever-escalating cold, just wanting to feed the dog and go back to bed.   My usual ritual is:  feed dog, start coffee, pee, get newspaper, settle in to the crossword.  On automatic pilot, I walk into the studio bathroom.  I'm thinking, oh yeah, we need to clean this place up today for tomorrow's guests.  I glance at the floor to see how dirty it is, and I see....feathers.

Just two of them.  Little gray-brown ones.

Sigh.

I look under the sink cabinet.  No corpse.  I check behind the shower curtain.  Clean as the proverbial whistle.  Hmm.  And then I see my cat, silhouetted against the shoji screens that are pulled against the 3 large front windows, her blackness and skinniness accentuated by the white screens.  She is standing on the sofa back, stretched tall, paws batting at a fluttering soft grey silhouette on the other side of the screen.

Shit.  I almost prefer to find a corpse.   I scoop up the cat (and she is not going quietly) and shut the bird up alone in the studio while I ponder what to do next.

Maybe if I wait long enough E will find it and deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment